1. You are seeking a pardon for a Wisconsin felony conviction.
2. You have completed your entire sentence at least five (5) years ago. This means you:
a. Completed all confinement; and
b. Completed supervised release (e.g., probation, parole, or extended supervision).”
website containing pardon application: https://evers.wi.gov/Pages/pardon-information.aspx
WHY SHOULD YOU, THE PUBLIC CARE?
2) Those slated to be deported upon release- Wisconsin is holding people beyond their parole eligibility who will not live here after release, they’ll be deported to their home countries. Many many want nothing more but to go home. Why hold them in our prisons?
3) Party to a crime (PTAC)- these are prisoners who were supporters of the crime, like getaway drivers and accomplices, often people who didn’t know what they were involved in. In these cases, the actual perpetrators often get released decades earlier because they had information to bargain with.
4) Those who are very old and sick- there’s no need to incarcerate people for their last days, why not let them be with their families?
July13 in Milwaukee- 3PM St Ben's Church (1015 N 9th St) against excessive revocations and the Milwaukee Secure Detention Facility