- Links to FFUP Blogs, individuals and issues
- Kids waived into adult court now needing a second chance
- Some Solitary Prisoners- a scroll down introduction
- www.secondchancewi.org: prisoners tell their stories- old law; truth in sentencing; solitary confinement
- Bridge of Voices -latest newsletter
- parole rule change petition submitted to Gov.Evers et all 7 18 19
- long overdue for parole
- two NEW FFUP REPORTS on WI PRISONS : "solitary torture" & "Staffing Crowding and Death"
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
A start- two people that need release now to start the healing.
IF These are granted. FFUP and others can spread the word and there will be many more applications
1)REQUEST FOR pardon/commutation of Sentence ( template for others)
Kamau TZ Damali ( Raynell Morgan) asks for a commutation of sentence/pardon. He is seriously mentally ill -hearing voices, feeling bugs crawling on him, noises in his head and inability to eat prison food – mostly caused mostly by his 14 yrs in isolation. Since being in general, his symptoms have not improved and he needs to be home and free to go outside into the sun. His application to Evers is below, along with several examples of his writings.
2)Request for Deportation ( this is a template for others)
Below, Lene Cespedes Torres
Lene was 17 when incarcerated and has always claimed innocence- he came on the Mariel boatlift and hardly knew English when he was tried and sentenced. The judge ordered he be deported when released and this is what Lene asks for- the time is now- he has been in 25 years. Here is his application to President Trump. He got no response
Pleas for release sent to Governor Tony Evers June 20, 2020 This is the third installment and last. The response from the Governor'...
Release Old Law Prisoners to Ease Overcrowding In Wisconsin Prisons H A R L A N R I C H A R D S April 3, 2020 The biggest prob...
Clemency for people convicted of all kinds of crimes was common until the prison boom days and the Governor Thomas administration. We hope t...
[ UPDATE: since publishing this article, people held at Waupun Correctional (WCI) were exposed to COVID-19 by a doctor who had rece...