- Guards are clearly exhibiting symptoms at multiple facilities, including Waupun, and Taycheedah.
- People in dorms (including the dorm at OSCI where 6 cases are confirmed) are required to sleep on bunk beds 2 feet away from each other and not even allowed to sleep head to foot so they aren't breathing directly into each others faces.
- Cleaning supplies are being withheld or severely rationed.
- Routine cleaning is infrequent or inadequate. Cleaners will lightly spritz a few high contact surfaces with diluted solution. Phones are passed all day long and only wiped down once or twice. Microwaves, pens and clipboards, etc are also used a lot without being cleaned often or at all.
- Social distancing rules are erratic and illogical. People might be required to limit to 2 per table, but the tables are too small to be 6 feet apart. Rec time is limited, but distancing is actually easier in the more spacious rec area than the overcrowded housing unit. Many programs are cancelled and movement limited, but people are still often required to line up shoulder to shoulder for things that remain.
It's been months that you've been telling us that there will be improved oversight, but it continues to be the case that complaints are handled internally in facilities and incarcerated people have no confidence in that process.
DOC Secretary Kevin Carr